The Consumer Electronics Association is predicting that electronics will be the must have gift this season and sales will increase 6% from last year. Did you know that UCP affiliates can earn money each time someone gets rid of an old electronic item? The Recycle for UCP program by BCS Recycling Specialists provides free collection boxes to affiliates for electronic waste (e-waste) recycling of cell phones, PDAs, iPods, digital cameras and inkjet cartridges. For laptops, people may order a pre-paid FedEx label from www.scrapdr.com. Recycling is a wonderful way UCP affiliates to further serve communities by offering a responsible way to handle e- waste.
How does it work?
- Order boxes at www.scrapdr.com E-Waste Recycling Fundraiser box order form. A box will be sent to with the UCP logo on it, and a Recycle for UCP reference number so that BCS can directly pay affiliates directly for items collected.
- After receiving free boxes from BCS, place them around your community in high traffic locations (large and small businesses, fitness centers, doctors' offices, banks, coffee shops, retail stores, etc.)
- Communicate about the Recycle for UCP program.
When the box is full…
- Simply pull out the bottom flap and seal it so the pre-paid FedEx Ground label is showing.
- Fill out the attached sticker to have additional boxes sent.
- Call FedEx Ground -- (800) GO-FEDEX -- for a pick up.
When BCS Recycling Specialists receives the full box, contents are sorted and evaluated, data is erased from all items and a check is sent for the items' value. Payments range from $.50 for scrap devices to $10 for laptops. All items are recycled and nothing goes into the landfill.
BCS Recycling offers the following Box Placement Tips for Extra Earnings: Place your boxes in visible, high traffic locations. Remember, the more boxes placed, the more items collected and the more publicity for UCP.
- Board Members – Give each board member a box at your next meeting, which they can take to their place of employment, religious organization or health club.
- Home for the Holidays? Enlist college students to take a box back to campus for the computer lab or commons area.
- Party & Place – Rope in potential box hosts by giving them boxes at a holiday party or set up empty boxes by the door.
- Don't let them leave empty handed! Meetings at your office or other locations provide an opportunity to give organizations a box.
- Public locations like libraries, high schools, city hall or DMVs are excellent options.
- Facebook Friendly - Become a fan of BCS Recycling Specialists' E-Waste Fundraiser on Facebook.
- Sign Your Email Signature in GR$$N - Add a photo of the collection box with "Ask me to how recycling e-waste can earn money for UCP?”
- Use www.scrapdr.com! There are templates ranging from letters to solicit box hosts, facts about e-waste and clip art for Web sites or newsletters.
Bright Idea! A press release about free e-waste recycling service could garner more attention for affiliates and bring in more items to the collection box. Check out www.scrapdr.com for a press release template.
Still have questions? Contact Jill Oldenburg email@example.com or (952) 893-0099.